What is the School Milk Program?
The School Milk Program supports school food environments by raising the profile of milk, a nutritious choice.
If your school has milk available for students at least 3 times a week, we want to help your school community celebrate health and nutrition.
Helping Students Reach Their Full Potential
Milk at lunch helps provide the energy and nutrition students need to perform their best at school. Children who consume milk at lunch are more likely to meet their bone-building nutritional needs.
Benefits of the School Milk Program
- Age appropriate programs
- Elementary School Milk Program (K-Grd. 6)
- High School Milk Program (Grd. 5-12)
- Free milk reminders
- Free posters
- Access to Smoothie Making Station Grant
- Support from the School Milk Program Coordinator and Assistant
Did You Know?
- The Manitoba School Milk Program has been supporting nutrition in schools for over 35 years.
- There are approximately 350 schools in Manitoba that are currently on the School Milk Program.
- Thousands of Manitoba students benefit from the School Milk Program and enjoy cold, fresh, and nutritious milk at school.
- Milk Coordinators are teachers, principals & vice principals, office staff, education assistants, lunch program & cafeteria mangers, and volunteers.
- Dairy Farmers of Manitoba (the parent organization and sponsor of the School Milk Program) donates to Winnipeg Harvest and is a supporter of the Child Nutrition Council of Manitoba. For more information on nourishment programs and grants visit the Child Nutrition Council of Manitoba: www.childnutritioncouncil.com