We’d like to help your school celebrate the return of the School Milk Program.
All schools who register for the 2021/22 School Milk Program are eligible to win a School Milk Day Grant! No additional application necessary.
What’s a School Milk Day Grant?
A School Milk Day Grant is where your entire school celebrates that milk is back by providing all students with one free milk. The School Milk Program will reimburse your school for the cost of free milk for your entire student population.
Register early to enter your school for the draws
There are 4 School Milk Day Grant draws with 2 winning schools per draw (one (1) school registered for the 2021/22 Elementary School Milk Program and one (1) school registered for the 2021/22 High School Milk Program).
Draws are held at the end of May, June, September, and October 2021.
The earlier you register the more opportunities your school has to be entered for the draws. So, if your school registers in May, your school will be entered for all 4 draws! If you wait until September, your school will be entered into only 2 draws.
How does the grant work?
The School Milk Program will notify winning schools. These schools will be required to show proof of further eligibility in the fall of 2021/22 to confirm their grant. In order to be eligible for the grant a winning school must be actively running the School Milk Program, which means having a milk delivery schedule in place. Schools will be asked to show proof of at least 1 order receipt from 2021/22 school year. Once eligibility has been confirmed, winning schools can schedule their School Milk Day any day until November 30th, 2021.
- Schools are responsible for setting up the milk delivery and distribution for the whole school for School Milk Day.
- All students in the school must have access to a free milk on School Milk Day.
- The School Milk Program will reimburse for the cost of one (1) 237 mL milk for each student in the school (based on student population).
- Initial payment for milk order will be the school’s responsibility. The School Milk Program will reimburse cost after submission of a receipt. Reimbursement will be based on total amount indicated on the receipt.
- The welcome back grant must be used to celebrate a School Milk Day and may not be used in conjunction with another event (like a family day or health fair) or to subsidized regular milk program. Remember, this grant is to help your school celebrate the return of the School Milk Program.
- If milk delivery and/or storage space are a challenge for a school wide School Milk Day, your school’s School Milk Day may be divided into a couple of days ie. specific grades celebrate on specific days. If this is the case, the plan must be communicated and approved by the School Milk Program.
- The School Milk Day grant must be used by November 30, 2021.
- One (1) grant per school.
Register for the School Milk Program and
enter your school for the Welcome Back – School Milk Day Grant today!