Here’s a fun way to serve dessert come summer. Take advantage of mason jars you may have lying around-they’re the perfect size for this easy summer dessert. Dessert bowls work very nicely as well; you may need to grill a slice or two more pound cake.
1. Oil grill and preheat the barbecue to medium.
2. Fruit: In a bowl, stir together fruit, sugar and lemon juice.
3. Filling: Place mascarpone in a large bowl; stir in 3 tbsp. (45 mL) whipping cream. In a medium bowl, beat remaining cream while gradually adding sugar until stiff peaks form. Fold in mascarpone.
2. Cake: Melt butter with nutmeg. Brush over both sides of cake slices. Grill for 1 min per side or until grill marks appear. Cut into 3/4-inch (2 cm) cubes.
3. Divide half the fruit between 8 (1 cup/250 mL) mason jars, followed by the pound cake; gently press down. Spoon in Mascarpone mixture, spreading evenly. Top with the remaining fruit and any fruit juices.