1. Butter a 13 x 9-inch (33 x 23 cm) glass baking dish. Arrange bread in single layer in the dish.
2. In large bowl, whisk together eggs, 1/2 cup (125 mL) of the brown sugar, nutmeg, and cinnamon until blended; whisk in milk and vanilla extract. Pour evenly over bread. Cover and refrigerate for at least 6 hours or overnight.
3. Preheat the oven to 400 °F (200 °C).
4. In a small bowl, combine remaining 1/4 cup (60 mL) brown sugar, pecans, and melted butter. Spread berries evenly over bread mixture; sprinkle with pecan mixture.
5. Bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until bread is puffed in the centre and fruit is bubbling.
Recipe and photo provided by Dairy Farmers of Canada. For more recipe ideas visit dairygoodness.ca.
Tips for kids: