1. Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C). Lightly grease your doughnut tins.
2. In a large mixing bowl, whisk the pumpkin purée, granulated sugar, brown sugar, melted butter, sour cream, eggs, and vanilla until evenly combined.
3. In a separate bowl, sift the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, and salt and add all at once to the pumpkin mixture. Whisk together until evenly combined with no lumps visible. Spoon the batter into a piping bag fitted with a large, plain tip and pipe the batter into the prepared tins. Bake for about 20 minutes, until the doughnuts spring back when gently pressed. Turn out onto a cooling rack and allow them to cool completely.
1. For the glaze, place the chocolate, butter, and corn syrup in a metal bowl and set this over a pot of barely simmering water, stirring gently with a spatula until melted. Remove the bowl from the heat and use immediately.
2. Dip the tops of the doughnuts into the glaze and place upright onto a rack or tray. Sprinkle the doughnuts with chocolate sprinkles and let set for an hour before eating.
Recipe and photo courtesy of Dairy Farmers of Ontario.