1. Preheat the oven to 450°F (230°C) with racks positioned in the top and the bottom third of the oven. Butter 2 large baking sheets.
2. Rinse fish and pat dry. Cut into about 3 x 1/2″ (7.5 x 1 cm) strips. In a shallow bowl, whisk egg, 2 tbsp (30 mL) of the milk, chili powder, and 1/4 tsp (1 mL) each, salt and pepper. Place corn flakes in a shallow dish.
3. Working in small batches, add about 5 pieces of fish first into egg mixture then add to cork flakes and toss to coat. Shake off excess crumbs and place on 1 prepared baking sheet, spacing apart. Discard any excess egg and crumbs.
4. Place tortillas on second baking sheet. Place fish on top upper rack and bake for about 10 minutes or until fish is firm and opaque. While fish is baking, place tortillas on lower rack and bake, flipping once, for about 5 minutes or until tortillas are crisp.
5. Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, whisk flour, dill, and 1/4 tsp (1 mL) each, salt and pepper into remaining milk. Cook over medium heat, whisking constantly, for about 5 minutes or until thickened. Remove from heat and stir in half of the cheese until melted.
6. Place tortillas on serving plates, top with lettuce and tomatoes. Drizzle with some of the sauce. Arrange fish on top, drizzle with remaining sauce, then sprinkle with remaining cheese. Serve immediately.
Recipe and photo provided by Dairy Farmers of Canada. For more recipe ideas visit dairygoodness.ca.
Tips for kids: