1. Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C). Line a 12-cup non-stick muffin pan with paper liners.
2. In a small bowl, toss 2 tbsp (30 mL) of the flour with blueberries and then set aside. In a medium bowl, whisk together the remaining flour, cornmeal, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
3. In a large bowl, using an electric mixer, beat sugar and butter until light and fluffy and then beat in egg until blended. Beat in lemon zest, juice, and vanilla (do not worry if the mixture looks curdled).
4. Using a wooden spoon, stir dry ingredients into the butter mixture alternately with milk, making 3 additions of dry and 2 of milk. Gently stir in the blueberry mixture.
5. Spoon into prepared muffin pan. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes until the muffins turn golden or until a tester inserted in the center comes out clean. Let cool in pan for 5 minutes. Transfer to a rack to cool completely.
Recipe and photo are provided by Dairy Farmers of Canada. For more recipe ideas, visit dairygoodness.ca.