1. Turn the oven to 425°F (220°C) and cover one baking sheet with parchment paper. Put to the side.
2. In a large bowl, stir together all-purpose flour, whole wheat flour, baking powder, salt, garlic powder, oregano and parmesan cheese.
3. Add the butter to the bowl, and mix in with a pastry cutter, fork or your fingers until crumbly (the pieces of butter should be about the size of a pea).
4. Add ¾ cup milk to the bowl and stir together with a spoon until completely mixed. Slowly add the last ¼ cup of milk, a little bit at a time, until the dough holds together and isn’t crumbly.
5. Sprinkle some flour on the counter. Using a rolling pin, roll out the dough until it’s about ½” thick. Using a 2.5-3” biscuit cutter, round cookie cutter, or the edge of a drinking glass or cup, cut as many circles into the dough as possible.
6. Separate the biscuits from the extra dough, and set to the side. Roll out the rest of the dough just like you did in step 5. You should end up with about 10 biscuits (a couple more or a couple less is okay!).
7. Rest one hand flat on top of a biscuit, and slowly and carefully slice the biscuit in half with a small knife so that it can be filled, making sure to leave the back attached. Do this for all of your biscuits.
8. Open the biscuits and fill with 2-3 slices pepperoni and one slice of cheese. Close the biscuit back up and press together. Brush the tops of the biscuits with melted butter.
9. Bake at 425°F (220°C) for 10-12 minutes until the biscuits are golden brown and the cheese is bubbly. Let cool for 4-5 minutes before serving with pizza sauce for dunking!
Recipe created by Ashley Fehr, The Recipe Rebel www.thereciperebel.com
*Make ahead and freeze instructions: