- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- 2 1/2 cups (625 mL) Low sodium beef broth
- 1 Tbsp (15 mL) Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp (5 mL) minced garlic
- 1 tsp (5 mL) Dried parsley
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) salt
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) black pepper
- 24 (~3/4 lb) frozen pre-cooked beef meatballs
- 3 cups (750 mL) extra wide egg noodles
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) 10% half and half cream
- 3 Tbsp (45 mL) corn starch
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) sour cream
(optional) Homemade Meatballs
- 2 lb (1 kg) lean ground beef
- 1 cup (250 mL) fine bread crumbs
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) milk
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) finely chopped onion
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp (5 mL) salt
Combine broth, Worcestershire sauce, garlic, parsley, salt and pepper in a 3-4 quart slow cooker.
Add meatballs and cook on high for 2 hours or low for 4 hours, turning the slow cooker to high for the last 30 minutes of cook time.
Stir in egg noodles, cover and cook on high for 10 minutes.
Whisk together the half and half and corn starch. Add the half and half and sour cream into the slow cooker, cover and cook for 10 more minutes until pasta is cooked and sauce has thickened. Serve.
(optional) Homemade Meatballs:
Pre-heat oven to 400°F (205°C). Line 2 baking sheets with foil.
Mix all of the meatball ingredients until combined. Shape mixture into 1-inch (2.5 cm) balls and place on baking sheet. Bake 20-25 minutes or until meatballs reach done temperature of 160°F (71°C).
Cool meatballs and freeze in batches of 24. Makes 48 meatballs.
To make the Swedish Meatballs without the noodles, add ONLY 1 cup (250 mL) of low sodium beef broth, use the same amount of the other ingredients listed and omit the noodles.