1. In a large skillet, brown ground beef with onions and peppers over medium-high heat. Drain any fat left behind.
2. Add the beans, corn taco seasoning, garlic and salt and cook for 1-2 minutes over medium heat.
3. Stir in tomatoes, milk, chicken broth and rice. Bring to a simmer over medium heat, then cover and reduce to low heat.
4. Simmer, covered, for 20 minutes or until rice is tender, stirring once.
5. Remove from the heat and let sit for 5 minutes. Stir in cheese and serve with optional toppings as desired.